Melissa Ford, AIA
Born and raised in the Colorado mountains, Melissa experienced hiking and backpacking before she learned to walk. With an education in environmental design and biology, she loves how her career in architecture blends her creative and technical interests. You might find Melissa working on her backyard xeriscape or vegetable garden, or hitting the trail with family. She is a cat-mom homebody who also likes to explore the world, taking in diverse architectural sights along the way.
- Limon K-12 School Limon, Colorado
- Hi-Plains K-12 School Seibert, Colorado
- University of Colorado Sustainability, Energy and Environment Complex – Wet Lab
- Slavens K-8 Renovation & Additions Denver, Colorado
- Salida Elementary School Salida, Colorado
- Houston Hall Renovation/Addition, Colorado Mesa University
- Behavioral Sciences Building & Addition, Colorado State University
Fun Facts About Melissa
Best Place to Play
Skiing in the French Alps or hiking the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu with my family.
Favorite Place in Colorado
- To visit: Durango or Steamboat Springs.
- To live: Golden
What I Do in My Spare Time
Hike with my family, garden, travel abroad and watch football (American and soccer).
My Ultimate Dream Vacation
Right now, I’m dreaming of visiting Brazil and Argentina.
Best Place to Eat
Out of my own garden!
- Denver Architectural Foundation CAL Project Volunteer
- 2014 Excellence in Masonry Design Awards Judge for the Masonry Institute of Washington
Green Building Certification Institute LEED® Accreditation
University of Colorado at Boulder
Bachelor of Environmental Design, Architecture emphasis
- Minor in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- (Studied one semester abroad in Florence, Italy)
Talk to Melissa